Battle Buddy / Cohort Program
Starting Thursday, October 8th, Pedro’s Judo Center will implement a BATTLE BUDDY SYSTEM for all recreational classes. A Battle Buddy is an assigned training partner who you would do full contact training with.
All current precautions such as but not limited to temperature checks, hand sanitizer, no spectators, distance between groups will still be followed.
SOME IMPORTANT DETAILS:
- Battle Buddies will both be required to wear a mask per Massachusetts state guidelines.
- Battle Buddies will both share ONE 6’ x 6’ training area for class. This includes warm ups, throws, pins, drills, etc.
- If your Battle Buddy is absent then a replacement will NOT be made for that class – you will train solo.
- Having a Battle Buddy is 100% optional and is by no means required. All skills and drills in class can be done solo, with a training dummy or a battle buddy.
SELECTING A BATTLE BUDDY:
- Students will have the opportunity to pick their own battle buddy and if they have no preference then Pedro’s Judo Center will find a suitable partner for you.
WHEN WILL COHORTS START?
A cohort is a group of 10 or less people participating in full contact training.
At this time, Pedro’s Judo Center will not be holding cohorts for the recreational programs. An evaluation will be made on adding cohort training mid to late November for a possible 2021 start. Again this is subject to change.